Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Day 3 - London

Today was a day filled with sightseeing and roaming around the city. The day started with a very early morning for me. In London this time of year, the sun starts to rise very early. So, when 5am rolled around, the sun automatically woke me up. It's weird, because normally I can sleep through anything. I guess if it's not dark, I can't go back to bed. So, seeing that my 4 hours of sleep was all I was going to get, I went for an early morning jog. Concerned that I might lose my way, I decided to stick to one main road. Off that road, I found a great little park to finish my run in.

20 min later...
Yes, 20 minutes is about all I could handle after a night of Vietnameese food, beer and football... I arrived back to find everyone else still asleep. I decided to kill a few hours on ESPN.com, and once everyone was up, we went to the bagel shop for breakfast.

Today we said adios to Nick. He is off to go sailing with his new boss off the coast of Italy... must be nice. He does have to wear a blue blazer and khaki shorts the whole time though, so maybe not so lucky. Anyway, after parting ways, we made our way to central London. We walked down the Thames river for a while, and just before we arrived at the Tate Modern Museum, we came upon a crowd of people. After a few minutes, we realized that they were all looking at a dead body. You heard me right, a freaking dead body. Apparently a car had been found at the bottom of the river with a dead body in it. It had been decomposing for a while, so it was pretty nasty. I will post pictures as soon as I get them.

Next was the Tate. It's a great modern museum filled with works by Picasso and the like. After leaving there, we wanered over to St. Paul's Cathedral. Lunch on the steps of this great building was grocery store fare. For me - Chicken Caesar Wrap, a banana, and chocolate chip cookie. Josh - Veggie pasta, banana, and yogurt.

Hyde park was next. That is where I wrote most of this blog entry. Huge amazing park where I was most impressed with the rollerbladers weaving through cones. Although it was probably the most dorky thing I have seen, it was very impressive. If I can get video of these guys, I will post it. After Hyde Park was dinner. Pizza for me and Fish & Chips for Josh. After that, we came back and crashed pretty early. It was a long day. Hopefully I will get some sleep tonight, although I am nervous that 5am will wake me up once again...

1 comment:

brown eyed blogg said...

harmsie!!!!! i hope you enjoy your trip!!! im enjoying reading what all you ahve been doing!!! be careful and take care!!!!! love ya