Friday, June 20, 2008

Day 5 - Amsterdam

I am writing this on the morning of DAy 6 actually, and that's because we don't have a computer anymore. So, this one will probably be a little shorter than the others, simply because as it stands right now, I have exactly 11 minutes left, and I am trying not to have to spend another dollar. Ok, so what did we do yesterday...

Well, for me it was another night of barely any sleep. We had to take a flight to Amsterdam at 6am, which meant not much sleep anyway. I, however, was again unable to fall asleep for longer than 30 minutes, so again I just stayed up and utilized the last few hours I would have with a computer that doesn't take coins. After Josh was up, we headed off to Liverpool St. to catch a bus out to the airport. We took RyanAir, which I think is pretty cool. It's an airline similar to Southwest. It's actually super efficient, and they load passengers from the front and back of the plane. So, we boarded fast, got to Eindhoven even faster... 45 minutes total... and then had to find a bus, to take us to a train to Amsterdam. Once there we had to take the metro to another bus and finally arrrived at our Hostel. We stayed last night at a place called Lucky Lake Hostel which is about 30 minutes from City Center. It's a great little place. The only weird thing is that it's a bunch of little trailers for 2 people. So, Josh and I shared a bed in this tiny little camper which was maybe a little akward. All in all, though, it's a nice place. We are actually spending our second night at a Youth Hostel down right in the mix of things near city center. So, that should be a whole different experience which I will write about tomorrow.

Alright other than the little camper, I don't have anything else really funny to tell about. It was a pretty chill day, since we were tired from no sleep. Went to bed pretty early, to gear up for all the stuff we are going to go see today. The only meal other than Bagels for breakfast yesterday, was at this place called Wok to Walk. It's a really cool stir fry place that makes everything super fast to go. It was excellent. I had chicken terriaki and I am honestly not sure what Josh had. Alright, 2 minutes until I get kicked off... I better go. If there are any grammatical errors in this post, please excuse them. Alright, off to the city...

1 comment:

carrie b. said...

i'm so jealous that you're in the netherlands. i miss it dearly!

glad to be able to politely stalk you through your journey!